SilencerTalk

Sound Suppressor Discussion
It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:17 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: what is the most accurate 22lr rifle?
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 12:03 am 
Silencertalk Goon Squad

That doesn't cost a small fortune?

I keep reading good things about CZ and have read elsewhere that with good optics and match ammo 200 yards ais doable easy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 12:23 am 
Silent But Deadly

I love my CZ.

I just got it back from Tornado Technologies, and will post pics tomorrow if you would like.

2) Jack Bauer does not let women on top during sex. Why? Jack Bauer never fucks up....

Post subject: Re: what is the most accurate 22lr rifle?
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 1:08 am 
Senior Silent Operator

ArevaloSOCOM wrote:
...200 yards is doable easy.

I don't know why somebody would say something like that, well, I have a few ideas...
I have a CZ 453 Varmint with a Leupold EFR 6.5-20x40 that I can watch the bullets fly downrange with, and they don't often go exactly where it looks like they should go. I am generally happy to get 4 moa at 200.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:21 am 
Silent But Deadly

check out some of the TOZ heavy barrel rifles - Biathalon straight pulls - my Romanian 1969 trainer with iron sights does well - Old Remington or Mossburg target rifles, Old Win 75's and of course 52's but they cost more - most any rifle that was competative against the high dollar western match rifles is very cheap from former soviet countries.

CZ is a good buy from what I have seen just cost more than you'd get a good ruskie gun but much cheaper than Walther or Anschutz

HW 660 Weihrauch is a good one, Kimber made some very nice rifles.

I'd hang out with some of the small bore target shooters at your local club and I'll bet you'll bump into someone that's wanting to sell a good rifle to move up to a more expensive rifle and willing to give ya a good deal. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 3:07 am 
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Thank you gents.

Please post pics when you get a chance doc. I'd appreciate it as I'm interesed in this CZ I keep on hearing about.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 10:59 am 
Silent But Deadly

Savage makes some accurate .22's for under $300. The Accu-trigger is very nice and you can easily lighten it even more by cutting coils off the trigger spring. The CZ 452 is also a good buy for the price, it's got better wood & bolt than the Savage. You would probably have to step up to the CZ 453's single set trigger to get a comparable factory trigger.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 6:12 pm 
Silent But Deadly

:arrow:

Last edited by no4mk1t on Wed Dec 23, 2009 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 7:22 pm 
Elite Member

I just ordered a CZ 452 American Fancy Walnut from budsgunshop and am having it sent directly to tornado technologies to have it cut down and threaded. Damn near everyone with a CZ rants and raves about how much they love them, and how accurate they are. Hopefully I'll be able to do the same.

I'll definitely post pictures on here when she arrives!

Post subject: Re: what is the most accurate 22lr rifle?
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 7:27 am 
Silent But Deadly

ArevaloSOCOM wrote:
That doesn't cost a small fortune?

I keep reading good things about CZ and have read elsewhere that with good optics and match ammo 200 yards ais doable easy.

Biggest bang for the buck is the Toz 78 under $200. Winchester Wildcat 22 is the Toz 78 with better clothing. My Biathlon basic is but ugly and prints 3/4 to 1 inch groups at a hundred. CZ and browning T-bolt shoot 7/8 to 1 1/8 5 shot groups at a hundred using wolf mt. The browning t-bolt is a little pricey($550). CZ is a great combination of performance, cosmetic appeal and price.

Rimfire Central has a section called super stock. Meaning a stock rifle with a sporter barrel and a little tinkering. There are a few marlins and savages in there that shoot consistant groups under .25 at 25 yds. Ammo selection makes a big difference.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:58 am 
Silent But Deadly

If you want a looker and a shooter, consider Cooper Arms.

"Test targets are provided with each rifle. 22 LR’s are guaranteed to shoot 1/4" 5-shot groups at 50 yards using premium grade match ammunition."

Post subject: cz452
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:21 am 
Silent But Deadly

OK,
I've got my little cz 452 American in... what rings/scope is the most bang for the buck?

I saw several threads on the Mueller (saying the optics were hard to beat)?

Any other suggestions?

Brett D.

Post subject: Re: cz452
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:28 am 
Silent But Deadly

bgrayd wrote:
OK,
I've got my little cz 452 American in... what rings/scope is the most bang for the buck?

I saw several threads on the Mueller (saying the optics were hard to beat)?

Any other suggestions?

Brett D.

Burris Signature rimfire rings

I got a Leupold 3-9x33 VX-II Rimfire E.F.R. Riflescope. I like the AO and it works with the American very well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:21 pm 
Silent But Deadly

Actually, I would also recommend a CZ. I have a 452 American .22lr and love it. I put the 3-9x33 EFR Leupold on it and it's very accurate at 50 yards and likes Wolf Match Target so far. Have not tried the Eley red box or Wolf Match Extra yet. I purchased a steel magazine assembly and all steel 10 rd CZ factory magazines from BRNOMANN. He's a member of RimfireCentral and sells these. I don't like plastic in my firearms for some odd reason.

I have not installed the mag assembly yet though. My barrel is not floated and needs some sanding, but it shoots so well I'm hesitant to mess with a good thing.

Rimfire is so much fun when you can get ammo for around $0.03 / round. I got a deal for a case of CCI standard velocity in paper boxes for $195.35 shipped - $0.03907 / round.

Post back on what you get.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 4:21 pm 
Silent But Deadly

Last edited by no4mk1t on Wed Dec 23, 2009 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 9:47 am 
Silent Operator

CZ 452 American with factory-threaded 16" barrel, Tactical Innovations adapter (1/2" x 20 tpi to 1/2" x 28 tpi) and Tactical Innovations Quest can.

Scope is a Weaver RV7 2.5 - 7 x 28 mm in Burris Signature Zee rings on a CZ factory Weaver one-piece base.

Post subject: cz452
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 5:27 pm 
Elite Member

All CZ 452s come with factory threaded barrels ?

Walther P22/TAC Quest
H&K Tactical Compact .45/AAC Evolution 45
H&K P2000 .40 Duty
KEL-TEC SU22 Semi Auto .22 rifle/threaded
Next project: Auto rifle
-------------------------------------------------------
Just some guy trying to make a difference...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 7:04 pm 
Silent But Deadly

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 1:14 am 
Silent Operator

Matyoka wrote:
All CZ 452s come with factory threaded barrels ?

No, only the CZ 452 American model with the 16" barrel (the regular "American" has a 22.5" barrel.)

Here's a link to the CZ-USA page for the 16" barrel version:

http://www.cz-usa.com/product_detail.php?id=82

Oddly enough, they don't mention the threaded muzzle, or that it's threaded in the European standard 1/2" x 20 tpi (which is weird, considering it's an "American" model.)

I think CZ-USA is missing out by not selling them here in the US with 1/2" x 28 threading.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 5:32 am 
Silent But Deadly

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 8:53 am 
Elite Industry Professional

Quote:
I got a deal for a case of CCI standard velocity in paper boxes for $195.35 shipped - $0.03907 / round.

I got the same deal. I think what we got was CCI Blazer with Standard Velocity packaging. Look closely at the bullets, compare them to Blazer and standard packaged Standard Velocity. They look nothing like the Standard Velocity. In any case, they shoot great. I wanted more, but my wholesaler said those were a special run, and there are no more. Where did you get yours ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 4:07 pm 
Silent But Deadly

Grice Gun Shop in Pennsylvania. They said to check back so every now and then I give them a call to check.

eta: I just checked a paper box CCI SV bullet with a one from a plasitc 100 rd box and the paper box bullet is lighter in color and has more lines / grooves in the thicker part of the bullet, while the plasitc box bullet is smoother. I've never seen a cci blazer bullet though.

The cci sv paper box rounds are as accurate as, cycle reliably and cleaning like straight stick cci sv, which is nice.

eta 2: Found a useful thread on the cci sv paper box: CCI standard velocity in a cardboard brick?, RimFireCentral forum

This is exactly how mine compares also.
Landry308 wrote:
I got the same deal. I think what we got was CCI Blazer with Standard Velocity packaging. Look closely at the bullets, compare them to Blazer and standard packaged Standard Velocity. They look nothing like the Standard Velocity. In any case, they shoot great. I wanted more, but my wholesaler said those were a special run, and there are no more. Where did you get yours ?

Post subject: Accurate .22 rimfires...
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 1:47 pm 
Silent Operator

"Good CZs": 452 LUX in LR & WMR (W/PMC 40 gr. WMR s.p. the CZ will literally put them thru the same hole @ 25 yds. :-)
CZ527 in 7.62x39mm needs a custom scope base, but other than that is super....
"Not-so-good CZs: The "Varmint" models I have had were poor shooters till bedding problems were taken care of by shims or micro-bed. (You could push the barrel and action from side to side in the forend :-(

Sav/Anshutz sporter I traded for tended to string vertically till barrel was cut back to 16 1/2" and theaded for suppressor (trigger is a bit creepy in this one)
Old Anshutz sporter"barn gun" complete w/rust "patina" and rusted bore has good two-stage trigger and is getting a 1:14" Lilja barrel fitted to it, and provision for suppressor tube to screw directly onto threaded 1" muzzle so no possible loss of hoop strength and consequent bore expansion at muzzle like would be more apt to happen w/
1/2" x 28 tpi. Will get Lilja "field" match chamber....(This one SHOULD really shoot well...I'me not re-finishing it and will leave it as a "sleeper" that no one will look at twice...Kind of like a hemi-head crammed into a 1950 DeSoto ;-)

Old Martini light and med. barreled rifles: Very consistnat, great triggers, no wandering poi/cold bore problems.

Ruger 77/22 s.s. synthetic stock: Wandering poi from day-to-day, 1st shot/cold bore issues....(Shot pretty well after a few rds. thru it for warm-up...)This one had a good trigger, most do NOT...(Not worth the $s unless you can find a smoking good deal...)
Might be good shooters with new barrel, lapping locking lugs, trigger job, bedding, etc. (????)

Izmash Biathalon 7-2s: Looks like these may be winners!
Accurate, reliable, great triggers, 10 rd. mags work fine and are nearly $40 LESS than Anshutz 10 rd. mags.
Got mine from MTGuns due to good reviews on Snipershide....

Had an H&K .22LR conversion for my FAL and the conversion not only shot as accurately as my old speed-locked M-52, but to same POI as 7.62mm as well.

M-52, Sav. Marlin, Rem (except for Rem M-37!), etc. have flimsy magazines that are frail and not particularly reliable (Yeah...I know...YOURS work fine.....Mine were not as good as CZ, Anshutz, RUger, Izmash....Sorry...)

(Ok, I have "magazine issues".....
I figure if a repeater is not super reliable, you are better off with a Martini or even an NEF single shot.)

Factory chambers can vary wildly in economy-priced rifles....(Sorry, but there it is.....)
For "field use" and greater accurascy, a "generous" match chamber is what I want...
Definately tighter than "saami spec". (Pardon me whilst I spit! ;-)
However there is such a thing as TOO "generous"....
You SHOULD have trouble chambering some sloppily-made "bulk" ammo that varies alot in min/max. tolerances.
A few years ago I bought 40K rds. of Blazer, and is "OK", but you occassionally get ones that resist chambering a bit, and once every 100 rds. or so you can expect to drop a shot to 6:00 due to a lighter powder charge.(I'll live with this for PRACTICE, but I want my serious ammo to be more consistant.)

Dave3220

Post subject: ?
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:50 pm 
Silent But Deadly

How does the rifle 452 CZ need to be sent to Tornado , scope on or off.

Post subject: Re: ?
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:57 pm 
Silencertalk Goon Squad

Queso Grande wrote:
How does the rifle 452 CZ need to be sent to Tornado , scope on or off.

No scope.
If I were sending it, I'd strip it down as much as possible. If I could remove the barrel and send only that, I would. At a minimum, I'd take the action out of the stock and remove the bolt and maybe the trigger parts.
First, less to loose, second, the weight without the stock will be a TON less and it'll save on shipping costs.
If the CZ's barrel can be easily removed, I'd just send the barrel.

Post subject: *
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:01 pm 
Silent But Deadly

Thank for the response,