SilencerTalk

Sound Suppressor Discussion
It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:48 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: TBAC 30p-1 vs Liberty Victory vs AMC Thundertrap
PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:46 pm 

Has anyone compared these? I have only found data on the liberty freedom on this site.

Post subject: Re: TBAC 30p-1 vs Liberty Victory vs AMC Thundertrap
PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:29 am 
Silent But Deadly

Stu did a demo with about 20-30 fellas using the Victory against the TBAC 30p1 a few weeks back..The Victory spanked it as did the Freedom..All there agreed it was a landslide win for the Victory..
Honestly I don't think anyone takes AWC stuff seriously anymore..I only recently found out they were still in business..

Member of the Liberty Suppressor's Underground "LSU"

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:15 am 

Interesting.
Were any electronic metrics taken ?? or was it just with the Mark 1 human eardrum.
Were any other suppressors demoed ???
Any other details you can provide about the Victory or any other suppressors is appreciated.
Thanks.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 1:23 am 
Silent But Deadly

No metering was done..Just a bunch of ears at a regular shootout..There were a bunch of Liberty cans there as well as machineguns and cans from other makers..I'll probably run into one of the Liberty guys again soon for more details..Highlights were Mystic impressed everyone and of course all the Liberty stuff trampled everyone else's..Way it always goes so don't pay much attention to the rest of the details.. :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:34 am 

What other suppressors were there ?
Just curious.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:50 pm 
Silent But Deadly

Chondro wrote:
No metering was done..Just a bunch of ears at a regular shootout..There were a bunch of Liberty cans there as well as machineguns and cans from other makers..I'll probably run into one of the Liberty guys again soon for more details..Highlights were Mystic impressed everyone and of course all the Liberty stuff trampled everyone else's..Way it always goes so don't pay much attention to the rest of the details.. :lol:

I'm not sure what other cans were there, and Liberty does make some quality cans, but "trample" everybody elses I'm not so sure. Liberty has some great service, but AAC has a better product IMO. Show me a Liberty can meters lower decibles than ANY of the AAC cans? On a side note, I'm for anything still made in the USA and gun related. :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:19 pm 
Silent But Deadly

gunguy wrote:
Chondro wrote:

I'm not sure what other cans were there, and Liberty does make some quality cans, but "trample" everybody elses I'm not so sure. Liberty has some great service, but AAC has a better product IMO. Show me a Liberty can meters lower decibles than ANY of the AAC cans? On a side note, I'm for anything still made in the USA and gun related. :wink:

Gauntlet thrown!

(631) 721-6201
http://form4.org/

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:56 am 
Silent But Deadly

Well just meter better is easy..

TL and Essence for rimfire..Honestly with those the benefits are way more than just sound anyway..

Mystic and Infinti for 9mm..Though with those your talking rimfire, Blackout and about 30 other cartridges..

For .223 you have the Torch

For .30 you have the Freedom and Victory..

Granted that's just lower DB...If I need to do a dump on a belt fed I'd go with an AAC can with all inconel baffles..Though just have an M-16 so not an issue..

I don't want service..I want something that I never have to talk to the maker again after I order..That is my idea of service..Though its nice to order a can in 3 mins and be done as well..
With the number of retrofits of other manufacturers can as well as the custom cans I've had them do I have got to see the great service though..your correct in that some can be a real pain in the arse.... :P

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:12 pm 

Chondro wrote:
Stu did a demo with about 20-30 fellas using the Victory against the TBAC 30p1 a few weeks back..The Victory spanked it as did the Freedom..All there agreed it was a landslide win for the Victory..
Honestly I don't think anyone takes AWC stuff seriously anymore..I only recently found out they were still in business..

Interesting. Would like to see how it compares accuracy wise (CCB fliers and grouping). I am willing to bet the results would be flip-flop. I have yet to compare my TBAC to a Victory, but I know it cant get better accuracy wise.

Also, the Vistory/Freedom is a much larger suppressor, and weighs more than the TBAC, both considerable points to take into account before you start spanking anything too hard...lol...

Would like to know though accuracy wise how they stack up. Liberty looks like they got a good thing going.

Reagrds,
_DT

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:35 pm 
Elite Member

No one has the balls to post the Mystic and Infinity dB numbers on different hosts. LOL They would loose to many sales. It's about making $, or put difficult customer demands on other companies.

I gave up asking offline those with independent testing to do a comprehensive comparison of the Mystic/Infinity to any other silencer of similar capacity.

It's not like I don't recommend AAC or SilencerCo. People are tired of my Cyclone-K recommendations best balance of size performance, construction, versatility. I also recommend the SS Sparrow. The Mystic/Infinity dB reduction is tops add to it it being user serviceable, and full power blk capable it replaces 2 silencers.

Having a silencer that takes 9 mm down to silenced .22 is an accomplishment. Now have it be the best blk can, and THE .358 heavy bullet subsonic silencer is a must have, yet it is vastly under reviewed. Why?

Same with the Essence. Still never tested in it's correct configuration. Latest design still not reported. Even the current TL was only tested with the blast baffle out of spec.

This is why i miss John's testing. But it's more than this what's the point if the silencer you have opens groups up 20%? We need testing that looks at many things. The gen 2 Prodigy is an example. dB, weight all tops but keyholing and accuracy in the crapper gen 3 fixed it.

Liberty Silencers, the 2 that I have are excellent, the Mysterious Mystic getting the most use lately.

I would love to play with an Infinity lighter an quieter. My only explanation to why they do not test the Mystic/Infinity is fear. Plain and simple.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:58 pm 
Silent But Deadly

The Victory is basically a scaled up version of my Torch. (Bit simplistic but you won't get that frp to give you a flier) My Torch runs all the groups tighter without fliers. My Victory is still at my SOT's hanging out with my Infiniti so no real extensive testing yet but it shoots great..In fact didn't even change the POI from what the gun was setup for. (Though not sure what the host was setup for) But more testing will follow.. :wink:

Dave is a 1000 yard nut and builds precision rifles as well. He would not tolerate a can that screwed up groups. The rifle cans are also a few ounces lighter than listed. The Torch is an even 22 ounces to the gram and the Victory feels about 13-14 but forgot my scale. There is a reason he errs on the heavy side and I thought it was because of his postal scale but honestly can't remember the reason why he lists heavy..Something about someone having a fit over a 1/2 ounce more than expected a few years back on something. But you ask for a Freedom Magnum or Victory Mag for example and its going to weigh more. :roll:

It always works out better when the can is lighter, quieter and better built than you expected. That I've gotten used to..But still surprised by it. They are also conservative in their caliber ratings.

As for larger yes..But I prefer quieter..I only shoot from a Bench so I could care less about the size..I'm stamping these things to me for life..1.5-2 inches bother me? Nope..

Besides I'm hooked on the square bores.. :D

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:54 am 
Silent But Deadly

I only have a TL so far but it has far exceeded my expectations. The one complaint I have is the injustice Liberty does to their cans by posting bad pictures on their website. The TL I own is of much higher quality than the website pictures show, it is beautiful.

As for it's performance- There is no FRP. NO POI shift on my Savage 64(the irregularities in cheaper ammo cause the only noticeable difference, Eley subsonic has tight group and cycles the 64).

When you fire a shot, hear the bolt hit rear of the receiver and are little confused as to where the explosion sound you were expecting went, the doubt is gone. A good quality suppressor is a magnificent work of art, others are an expensive disappointment.

(502)671-9799
www.form4.org

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:46 am 
Silent But Deadly

Yeah I've been on them about the pictures for the last year or so.. :lol: Ahh its better their building Cans and another building right now I guess.. :D

Congrats on the TL!! Love to say I told you so.. :wink:

I've said before the downside after a Liberty Can is then your going to be disappointed in your others..

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 6:47 pm 
Elite Member

Dave, Sarah, and I were playing with the Essence the other day.. Sarah said that it was absolutely "Beautiful", mine is in the white. Yep NO FRP that I or any of my friends can hear. I think a meter is needed to really tell if it's zero.

My ONLY beef is it is not all that easy to remove the core. If it had clam shells it would be the best of the best. It HAS gotten easier now that I have taken it apart 3x. It needs to loosen up some.. AND I now use thick high temp grease on the tube/baffle.. Last test was a LOT easier to remove the core.

Hands down some of the finest machine shop work I have ever seen. The tone and dB reduction is the nicest of the 3 .22 cans I have.

My paint on the Mystic is not anything to write home about, but it is more than adequate In a way it is nice because I really do not fuss as much and am not afraid to use it as hard as I do. I can always repaint it any color I want or I have thought of stripping it and trying to finish it like my Essence .. But then I would be paranoid I may ding it. LOL...With the amount of use that baby gets I am glad it's like it is. The finish has held up VERY well it is very durable.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 4:36 am 
Silent But Deadly

You had I think the first Mystic there was..They changed the finish after the first 3 I think..I almost went with my Infiniti in the white but then went tan..After you crack your Essence a few times it gets alot easier..Just a super tight fit to start..I rarely ever even grab the pusher tool..Though Dave does think my hands are on the abnormally strong side..

My Victory in action..Still at my Sot's..He stuck it on a screwed up Host and may have damaged it..(I insist he demo my cans while they were there..He just forgot his demo rifle was pooched..)..Can't believe it took the hit of a full power 308 and looks fine..But bullet fragments fell out after the test shot he did on a demo..He had the host fixed and here we are using his Weatherby in the vid..He still thinks it sounds better than any 308 can he's ever heard..(Its going down to Liberty to get a look over though..My fault and I'll be paying if it needs fixed..)..His gunsmith heard it on the test after the fix on the barrel and it sold him on a Victory right on the spot..I'm having a Victory Magnum being made right now for my 7mm Mag..The Victory is just another can that just absolutely blew me away..why I have to have another :lol: ..There are some really freaky things going on with that baffle design..Hard to see whats inside but the loop steps on the one side are freaking amazing work!!! There is a hell of alot going on with that core!!!!!!! Haven't seen my SOT so excited about a can since my Mystic.. :D Its is amazingly light as well..can't get over it..This thing is quieter on 308 than most .223 cans I've heard..And its my Torch replacement now no doubt!! Never thought that would happen..Ahh Torch will still see lots of rounds..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vgxx15OIH8