SilencerTalk

Sound Suppressor Discussion
It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:18 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Liberty Mystic anyone got one
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:21 pm 
Silent But Deadly

Today I made the decision to buy the Liberty Mystic w/ booster and fix barrel mount. I planned on using it on my M11/9 when it comes in, and multiple other host as well. I heard good things on it, does anyone have any incite on this suppressor, or pretty much how do you guys like the suppressor. Next buy is probably the Kodiak TL to use on the M11/9 when I wait 10-12 months for Lage to make me one.

Post subject: Re: Liberty Mystic anyone got one
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:02 am 
Silent But Deadly

chondro in 3...2...1

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 7:23 pm 
Silent But Deadly

Chondro will be here soon enough.
Just wanted to say I have a mystic
And as soon as I picked it up from my dealer I ordered an infinity.
To say I love this can would be an understatement.
I will say it is a little heavy on a pistol
but just right on my 5" 9mm ar.
I can't wait till I get the infinity!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:55 am 
Silent But Deadly

I love mine. The things you can do with this can are just amazing..and I keep getting new ideas everyday..Could have saved me well over a year wasted and 1200 bucks just as my Mac can..

All the pros on the can besides the versatility..No threads in the tube, The booster screws into the core so no split cores from booster smack..The core shields the tube from the blast. In other words another can just like the Kodiak family where you could mount the core and wrap it with duct tape and make it work..If I end up shooting alot of boosted 9mm I may go with an infiniti as well since thats the only host where it would pay to have it at 8 ounces. I do use it on so many hosts I may just be able to justify getting another..Kind of like a rimfire can..who can have just one..Already stocked up on the mounts..Even though it was made to work with the Gemtech mounts don't bother as these are so far superior..The booster is alot quieter and the fixed mounts are equal to about 4 inches of barrel. Lots of volume plus solid steel makes for kick ass mounts. Plus no issues with them threading on any hosts like the Gemtechs. Using my MM on my Max was a nightmare but that is in part the way it was threaded..Thankfully the Liberty guys prepared for everything..

It in action..I should do this over but Dave wants it now to edit and play with.. :P It just sucks for sound..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wrLkQ1UQAw

Give Rob at Liberty a call. He's local and I go shooting with him everyone once and awhile..Very soon I'll get to see his Infiniti in a side by side as he only has to wait on the form 3...He'll get you hooked up in nothing flat. My dealer just loves the lack of drama putting in an order..And everything you ordered actually comes to the address its suppose to.. :lol:

What made you guys settle on the Mystic? I wasn't a fan of the frontcap myself but overlooked that..I was told to wait till I see it in person and when I did I was very pleased..But now the pics on the website look good that I've seen it in person so I'm no help..I know they want to change they way its shown..

Member of the Liberty Suppressor's Underground "LSU"

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 10:20 am 
Silent But Deadly

Well the fact I could use it on my Glock 19, my AR 9mm sbr I'm building and the SWD m11/9 when that approves in a few months. I just like that you could take it apart and shoot multiple calibers out of it and it's full auto rated, it was a toss up between the Gemtech MM and the SWR trident. Then I found out theses suppressors where sealed I was very skeptical, I just remember looking at liberty last year sometime. I looked at it again and made my decision to buy one with a booster and fixed barrel mount.

In the last two months iv spent $4063 on a MG, suppressor, $655 on 44 mag rossi ranch hand, and an AR-15 lower I want to build into a 9mm, my GF is gonna be so pissed... Oh yea I told her it's my money, and guess who earns my money? me. Guess who's not married and 23 this guy

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:50 pm 
Silent But Deadly

Jt.kline19 wrote:
In the last two months iv spent $4063 on a MG, suppressor, $655 on 44 mag rossi ranch hand, and an AR-15 lower I want to build into a 9mm, my GF is gonna be so pissed... Oh yea I told her it's my money, and guess who earns my money? me. Guess who's not married and 23 this guy

Haha this is me. I'm getting married in October so I went ahead and spent all my money on a m11/9 the lage goodies and two cans before she could have any claim to it.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:25 am 
Elite Member

My Mystic I think has seem more rounds than all my silencers combined now. ... It however is NOT a good choice for a G19. It is to heavy.. It will work but is VERY nose heavy and will slow the cycling down.. The Infinity is the one you want for that. On a full size high capacity 9mm the Mystic IS OK. Still heavy but the reduced angle of the longer barrel tilt on cycling makes it run better.

Very quiet.

On my T/C shooting 246 gr lead bullets at 1050 FPS this thing is flat out amazing. Even full power 357 mag are not a problem. It is a real bonus being able to use it on so many highpower rounds. (I wish we had a 45-70 silencer)

I am going to SBR my Contender.. the Mystic is the main reason I am going to do it. It rekindled my affair with the Single shot pistol... over 600 ft lbs of energy and QUIET!

I also use it on my M16 with the .22 upper. It will also be used on the 9mm upper when I get it. (the main reason I got it.) But it sorta settled in on the contender as it's primary home.

MAJOR word of caution. If shooting lead bullets (unjacketed) Make sure you take it apart OFTEN! It can get stuck closed pretty easy. Once it gets hard to take apart it is time to clean the tube with the shotgun brush on the drill. Then it will be easy for a while longer. (a SilencerCo clamshell would be PERFECT on this!)

On my P-226 with the 18 + 20 round mags and it balances better.

+1 on the Liberty booster.. it will reduce blowback a better mousetrap.

The Mystic/Infinity = stupid quiet 9mm fun.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 12:50 pm 
Silent But Deadly

See I thought about the Infinity, but not in my price range right know. I happen to the buy the Mystic, just cause I stumbled across it last year sometime, it look interesting. I was helping my buddy make a decision on a 9mm silencer, he went with the SWR Trident, I though about it and change my mind cause it wasn't user serviceable. :x also as well as the the multi caliber rating

That is the main thing I look for with silencers, just cause the fact I bought a Gemtech oasis pistol, and it was my first silencer. It wasn't user serviceable did even have it a week and made the end cap to come off with a spanner like tool, now I can shoot about 500 rounds through it clean it (last baffle is always the hardest to get out ), and put it all back together. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:44 pm 

I'm less than 20 to 30 days to having my SWD M/11. So far I have the following:

Lage flat top upper, check
Lage folding stock, check
Eotech xps2, check

suppressor, uuughhhh I don't know.

I was thinking about the Liberty Infinity but it's a smaller can. From what I've read here, I really need a 2" can to handle the gas. I just emailed Richard Lage about ordering the internal and external gas blocks. Someone please point me in the right direction for a suppressor on this gun. I want one that I can take apart, I'm not a fan of anything that I can't tear down just for the simple reason that I want to look at it and clean it even though it may or may not need cleaning, lol. I'm just overwhelmed at all the choices and I don't want to make another Coastal Gun Suppressor mistake if you know what I mean.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:39 pm 
Silent But Deadly

keithinvestigations wrote:
I'm less than 20 to 30 days to having my SWD M/11. So far I have the following:

Lage flat top upper, check
Lage folding stock, check
Eotech xps2, check

suppressor, uuughhhh I don't know.

I was thinking about the Liberty Infinity but it's a smaller can. From what I've read here, I really need a 2" can to handle the gas. I just emailed Richard Lage about ordering the internal and external gas blocks. Someone please point me in the right direction for a suppressor on this gun. I want one that I can take apart, I'm not a fan of anything that I can't tear down just for the simple reason that I want to look at it and clean it even though it may or may not need cleaning, lol. I'm just overwhelmed at all the choices and I don't
want to make another Coastal Gun Suppressor mistake if you know what I mean.

If I where making the decision I would go for it just cause of the fact it can be used on more than just one gun and it still suppress it very well. I thought about te SG but I don't like the look of the large volume MAC suppressors and for coastal guns I just havent read up on them enough. I would think the mystic or infinity would be perfect for it, and it won't look all big and goofy on the LAGE upper, I went withe mystic and I'm waiting for the form 3 to clear but once I get my Mystic I'll let post a review

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:50 am 
Silent But Deadly

The SG was what I had retrofit by Liberty for the Mac..I'm not sure where this large volume thing came from but the Mystic/Infiniti are perfect for Mac's..You don't need anything else..I could have bought the Infiniti as well and still had money left over from the SG ordeal..I was using my Multimount as a stop gap for the 14 months it took me to get the SG..It was just fine but for whatever reason this large volume thing kept being covered and I listened to it. (Damn forum.. :evil: :lol: :roll: ) I had my Multimount made take apart and the blast baffle duplicated in steel..I should have just stopped then..

Watch what an even smaller volume can than the Mystic does on the Mac..Was I not fine with just this? :lol: Granted their mounts are less than ideal..But the Mac is threaded to long and thankfully the Mystic mounts make it a non issue..(The mounts themselves are a rather large expansion chamber really). You can see in this vid I had to put a thread protector over the exposed threads in the mount so as not to split the barrel..(Well thats what I was checking in the mount for tightness.)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5TfArCRux0

Oh and your are in for some much fun with the Mac its not even funny.. :shock:

Member of the Liberty Suppressor's Underground "LSU"

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:26 pm 
Elite Member

I would probably consider getting the Infinity over the Mystic had it been available when I ordered mine since I really do not shoot 223 out of it and can't shoot the full power MAXIMUM out of it

The Mystic MIGHT handle it, but why risk it Dave says no even though the MAX is on par with the 5.56 and 300BLK. So an Infinity with it's lighter core may be a better choice unless 300 BLK full power + 5.56 NATO is on your plate.

I am sure the MAXIMUM is safe in a 16" or longer barrel.. But most Maximums are pistols and much less than 16"

The weight of the Mystic makes it a tad much for a G19 size pistol. I have a feeling the Infinity is the quietest std mass production 9mm silencer made to date.

I know the Mystic is absolutely stupid quiet.

I will do a mystic on a P-226 vs SS Sparrow on a P-22 test today.. and see how that sounds to me.