SilencerTalk

Sound Suppressor Discussion
It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:42 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Mag review for 10/22 host
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:48 pm 
Silent But Deadly

Tried them all and to date the Tactical Innovations mags where the best HC out there but now I thinkings about going with these.(no adjusting needed)

Unlike TI, the BX-25's fit in a BC speed loader! :awesome:

I load and shoot (using loader) 4 mag fulls (100rnds) With Rem bulk (crap) and Fed bulk. Shooting was rapido fire with my LW 10/22. Mags load and drop free easy.

FLAWLESS. :awesome:

They take apart for cleaning, feel heavy duty with good plastic. Lips are the same as stock mag. :awesome: They do not hook together though.

I buy more and will do more testing in a few days.

Post subject: Re: Mag review for 10/22 host
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:58 pm 

I bought 1 when they first came out and like you it work perfectly and even with rem golden bullets . the federal red box bulk work just fine also. alot of people on a 22 forum have been having problems , so I waited and just bought 2 from midway 21.95 a piece. the new ones are just as flawless as the first one I bought. these are badass and I'm glad to see the B/C loader works also. Brian

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:29 am 
Silent But Deadly

That is great. Old man Bill must be tossing & turning in his grave.

USPSA FY60903...B-class SS, B-class L10, B-class Prod.
IDPA A30195...Expert CDP, Master SSP

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:43 pm 
Silent But Deadly

Well, as long as Bill is rolling, when is Ruger coming out with their 50 and 100 round drums?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:55 pm 
Silent But Deadly

I have 4 of the factory 25 rounders for my integral 10 22. Any good quickie loaders that are top shelf performers to mate with these superb Ruger mags as I'd rather be shooting CCI subs than loading? :? starlingstalker :D

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:37 pm 
Silent But Deadly

I have all the high caps from the various companies..The tactical innovations always worked good but then a recent shoot and a jam that was so bad I told the fella just to turn off the timer..I mostly only use the factory 10 rounders but these are perfect..and look good..These are what I'll have the most for the 10/22 prior to Nov. 2012..

Member of the Liberty Suppressor's Underground "LSU"

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:53 pm 
Silent But Deadly

starlingstalker wrote:
I have 4 of the factory 25 rounders for my integral 10 22. Any good quickie loaders that are top shelf performers to mate with these superb Ruger mags as I'd rather be shooting CCI subs than loading? :? starlingstalker :D

I was usings the Butler creek loaders but I wish someone made a better one.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 12:01 am 
Silent But Deadly

Chondro wrote:
I have all the high caps from the various companies..The tactical innovations always worked good but then a recent shoot and a jam that was so bad I told the fella just to turn off the timer..I mostly only use the factory 10 rounders but these are perfect..and look good..These are what I'll have the most for the 10/22 prior to Nov. 2012..

The factory 10's seem to get dirty quickly suppressed, (I had to experiment with spring tension) but the 25 rounders seem to be more forgiving because of the flat spring design.

I need to pick on one mag to see how much dirt it can take. :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 12:22 am 
Silent But Deadly

Or just get to using your TL and it will become a non issue.. :P Majority of all my shooting is with my 2 clear 10 rounders..

Though now that I switched to a Tactical solutions barrel they seem to be clouding more..I have a few issues with that barrel..

Member of the Liberty Suppressor's Underground "LSU"

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:08 am 
Elite Member

Emilio wrote:
Tried them all and to date the Tactical Innovations mags where the best HC out there but now I thinkings about going with these.(no adjusting needed)

I load and shoot (using loader) 4 mag fulls (100rnds) With Rem bulk (crap) and Fed bulk. Shooting was rapido fire with my LW 10/22. Mags load and drop free easy.

They take apart for cleaning, feel heavy duty with good plastic. Lips are the same as stock mag. :awesome: They do not hook together though.

I just got 2 of these and the lip design is FAR superior to the TI mags. The TI mags release the round at a different time in the cycle. It has a steeper angle and causes jamming in my 10/22. I had to reshape the bolt and extractor to make them work. (still iffy) The Ruger mags run flawlessly. :mrgreen:

Last edited by JohnInNH on Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:44 am 
Silent But Deadly

JohnInNH wrote:
Emilio wrote:

I just got 2 of these and the lip design is FAR superior to the TI mags. The TI mags release the round at a different time in the cycle. It has a steeper angle and causes jamming in my 10/22. I had to reshape the bold and extractor to make them work. (still iffy) The Ruger mags run flawlessly. :mrgreen:

The reviews on mag loaders on Midway are not the best as it seems the loaders fly apart or mags don't mate to the loading mechanism. Problems mostly with them all no matter which after market mag or loader is used. So, is the Butler Creek the "best" choice for the Ruger 25 rounder mags? :? starlingstalker :D

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:55 am 
Silent But Deadly

Chondro wrote:
Or just get to using your TL and it will become a non issue.. :P Majority of all my shooting is with my 2 clear 10 rounders..

Though now that I switched to a Tactical solutions barrel they seem to be clouding more..I have a few issues with that barrel..

I knew you going to say that. :lol: I have somwheres of 20 stock mags, some where old and dirty so I need to test both styles from a clean start.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:59 am 
Silent But Deadly

Quote:

The reviews on mag loaders on Midway are not the best as it seems the loaders fly apart or mags don't mate to the loading mechanism. Problems mostly with them all no matter which after market mag or loader is used. So, is the Butler Creek the "best" choice for the Ruger 25 rounder mags? :? starlingstalker :D

Not much choice, I wish someone make a HD loader of better design but if you go easy they working fine.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:18 pm 
Silent But Deadly

Emilio wrote:
Quote:

Not much choice, I wish someone make a HD loader of better design but if you go easy they working fine.

The Butler Creek loader works fine but as Emilio said you need to be easy with it. I had a friend try to help me out by loading some magazine once and he man-handled it resulting in a few rounds stuck sideways in the loader. Luckily nothing broke and I just took it apart and everything was fine. It's not the fastest loader but it's still faster than doing it by hand and it keeps your hands from getting covered in lead/lube.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:59 am 
Silent But Deadly

strobro32 wrote:
Well, as long as Bill is rolling, when is Ruger coming out with their 50 and 100 round drums?

They may already have it.
When I bought my Norrell 10/22 S.M.G. back in '88 John himself told me...

The Bingham 30rd Steel mags were the best
Next were the Jam Line single stack 30's

AND, Ruger had a 100 rd rotary prototype in the works. :P