SilencerTalk

Sound Suppressor Discussion
It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 4:28 am

All times are UTC-04:00

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:30 pm 
Senior Silent Operator

http://www.twintechtactical.com/SR22TBK.html

I just bought one of these. Ive been waiting a while for Ruger to put one out. Saw this last week and decided im tired of waiting. I dont even own an SR22, looks like ill be buying one this weekend. Ive wanted a small frame 22 ever since my prodigy came in...

Excitement! :D

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:13 am 
Silent But Deadly

I called up Ruger last month to ask about a factory threaded barrel for the SR22. They said yes they're close to releasing it by the end of this year... and to call back in another 2 months or so.

Kinda works out better for me personally since I still can't decide between the AAC Element2 and Liberty Essence.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:24 pm 
Silent But Deadly

rimshaker wrote:
I called up Ruger last month to ask about a factory threaded barrel for the SR22. They said yes they're close to releasing it by the end of this year... and to call back in another 2 months or so.

Kinda works out better for me personally since I still can't decide between the AAC Element2 and Liberty Essence.

Cant wait to see what thread profile they choose. Any can is better than no can!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:29 pm 
Silent But Deadly

[/quote]
Cant wait to see what thread profile they choose. Any can is better than no can![/quote]

Im pretty sure they'll do the usual 1/2x28 on top of an adapter like any other 22LR.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:50 pm 
Silent But Deadly

rimshaker wrote:

I'm not sure if I'm an isolated problem or not, but I ordered and paid for an Element 2 on March 8 of this year and the dealer still hasn't received the can at his shop yet. So, if this is normal then you might want to go the route of Liberty since I've at least been pending on my Kodiak TL since early September (purchased the Kodiak on the same day as the Element 2)

I'm about ready to have the dealer just cancel the Element 2 order and refund me my money. To my knowledge it shouldn't have taken AAC 8 months to get an Element 2 out the doors.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:52 pm 
Silent Operator

I have the Ruger SR22 and it's a great little 22. I had mine threaded by way of an adapter same as the P22 and GSG 1911 by a company called JP Grips. They did a great job and did it in about two weeks shipping included. It looks nice and I am planning on getting my first suppressor as well soon, that's why I did it. Plus, it's nice to be able to remove the adapter if I don't want it to look like the barrels threaded and put on the thread protector.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:09 am 
Silent But Deadly

Not sure why everyone is having trouble getting the new Element2. They been in stock at Silencershop.com since the summer.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:30 am 
Silent But Deadly

rimshaker wrote:
Not sure why everyone is having trouble getting the new Element2. They been in stock at Silencershop.com since the summer.

I'm pretty sure my dealer ordered directly from AAC so maybe that's the problem. Small dealer is probably lower on the "Get this s--t out the door ASAP" List than is silencershop.com. However, that just has me thinking of cancelling and getting something different.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:18 am 
Silent Operator

hyrulejedi86 wrote:
I have the Ruger SR22 and it's a great little 22. I had mine threaded by way of an adapter same as the P22 and GSG 1911 by a company called JP Grips. They did a great job and did it in about two weeks shipping included. It looks nice and I am planning on getting my first suppressor as well soon, that's why I did it. Plus, it's nice to be able to remove the adapter if I don't want it to look like the barrels threaded and put on the thread protector.

How much did JP Grips charge for this. Got any pics?

"How a politician stands on the Second Amendment tells you how he or she views you as an individual; as a trustworthy and productive citizen, or as part of an unruly crowd that needs to be lorded over, controlled, supervised, and taken care of." - Dr. Suzanna Gratia Hupp

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:07 am 
Silent But Deadly

CAR-AR-M16 wrote:

Probly $85 without thread protector.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:05 am 
Silent Operator

Emilio wrote:
CAR-AR-M16 wrote:

Probly $85 without thread protector.

Can you please post a picture of your setup?

"How a politician stands on the Second Amendment tells you how he or she views you as an individual; as a trustworthy and productive citizen, or as part of an unruly crowd that needs to be lorded over, controlled, supervised, and taken care of." - Dr. Suzanna Gratia Hupp