SilencerTalk

Sound Suppressor Discussion
It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:14 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Silencer for 300 BLK...
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:58 pm 

I am wanting a silencer to use with 300 Blk. I am buying this to use mostly on an AAC model 7 300 blk bolt action and an AR with 9 inch blk upper. So far I am interested in the Liberty Mystic and AAC 762-SDN-6. I like the mystic because it can be used on pistols but lik ethe AAC because I can use it on 223 and 308's. can't make up my mind. Since I am buying it for 300 BLK mostly, I want what ever will make that round the quietest. Thoughts? Any other silencer I should consider?

Post subject: Re: Silencer for 300 BLK...
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:20 pm 
Silent But Deadly

Nightshade wrote:
I am wanting a silencer to use with 300 Blk. I am buying this to use mostly on an AAC model 7 300 blk bolt action and an AR with 9 inch blk upper. So far I am interested in the Liberty Mystic and AAC 762-SDN-6. I like the mystic because it can be used on pistols but lik ethe AAC because I can use it on 223 and 308's. can't make up my mind. Since I am buying it for 300 BLK mostly, I want what ever will make that round the quietest. Thoughts? Any other silencer I should consider?

Try the upcoming Delta Arms suppressors. You won't be disappointed :)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:08 pm 
Silent But Deadly

A very good 30 cal can (like the SAS titanium Arbiter) will do the 300 BLK proud with jacketed bullets. If you want to shoot cast as well as jacketed projectiles you might consider a good user serviceable 9mm can like the TiRant or the Octane-9.

Am using an Arbiter now and am adding an Octane-9 for cast bullets when the F4 clears. Obviously have multiple uses for the 9mm can.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:39 pm 
Silent But Deadly

I'l be using a Gemtech Sandstorm....but the AAC 762's would do a great job too.
Really, I think the 30 cal suppressors are your best bet. The Arbiter, The 30, Freedom, etc are all great also.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:08 pm 

eastern_hunter wrote:
A very good 30 cal can (like the SAS titanium Arbiter) will do the 300 BLK proud with jacketed bullets. If you want to shoot cast as well as jacketed projectiles you might consider a good user serviceable 9mm can like the TiRant or the Octane-9.

Am using an Arbiter now and am adding an Octane-9 for cast bullets when the F4 clears. Obviously have multiple uses for the 9mm can.

It is my understanding that these pistol cans won't stand up to supersonic rounds. i don't want to have to worry about whether someone made a mistake giving me a supersonic round by mistake. i want soemthing rated for supersonic. I see your point though. I plan to have a dedicated rifle and pistol can in the future so thats why i am trying to plan this out.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:38 pm 
Silent But Deadly

Understand your concern. Best not to shoot anything "given to you":in other than a high pressure rated can ... after you've made certain that the weapon will properly stabilize it.

If you have both 30 and 9mm cans you can then be certain that cast is never loaded to supersonic and you're fine. Cast bullets don't cost 45 cents each as do 220 SMKs. Doesn't take that long to eat a couple of thousand projectiles.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:43 am 

I have a 300blk on a Noveski 10 inch barrel with a Gemtech HVT. On a M16 lower it sounds like a staple gun.-Rob

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:47 pm 
Silent But Deadly

I run AAC 762SD on Noveske 10" AR, I like.
Bull

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, but the fight in the dog."

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:39 pm 
Silent But Deadly

So far it looks like the pistol cans are the way to go for 300 BLK..May be a bit early to say but makes sense since your more around pistol pressure than rifle. So a baffle design made for the lower pressure stuff would probably be better suited. I love my Mystic for 300BLK..Haven't messed with supersonic yet and probably never will but sounds really good on .223 as well..

Member of the Liberty Suppressor's Underground "LSU"

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:14 am 
Silent But Deadly

Chondro wrote:
So far it looks like the pistol cans are the way to go for 300 BLK..May be a bit early to say but makes sense since your more around pistol pressure than rifle. So a baffle design made for the lower pressure stuff would probably be better suited. I love my Mystic for 300BLK..Haven't messed with supersonic yet and probably never will but sounds really good on .223 as well..

Just wait and see what Delta are building. You won't be disappointed :D .