SilencerTalk

Sound Suppressor Discussion
It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:44 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: UltraQuiet Silencer Gel is available
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:15 am 
Silent But Deadly

UltraQuiet Silencer Gel is now available.

http://www.silencerresearch.com/ultraqu ... er_gel.htm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:34 am 
Would it be inappropriate of me to mention that UltraQuiet Silencer gel is $3.75/oz. shipped, but that you can find ultrasound gel on E-bay for $0.17/oz. shipped ???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:40 am 
Silent But Deadly

Yes Very

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:59 am 
Alright then, nevermind. Forget I ever mentioned it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 12:10 pm 
Silencertalk Goon Squad

I have to agree with Cortland on this one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 12:28 pm 
Silent But Deadly

ArevaloSOCOM wrote:

Forgetting he ever mentioned it? Me too.

If you want to go buy your own ultrasound gel, do so.

1928 went to the trouble to buy a quantity of the stuff, repackage it into smaller bottles, print up silencer-appropriate labels, and offer it for sale.

He also went to the trouble to buy a sound meter and set up a website to test cans and post the results for all of us to review and discuss. Maybe selling a few of these bottles will offset a little of that expense.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 12:29 pm 
Silent But Deadly

Well you know it takes time and money to repackage, plus you know how shipping and handling is these days. :shock:
Maybe it pulls double duty as a vaginal lube? :lol:
And it isn't cancerous, it doesn't smoke. :mrgreen:

Just having fun with ya 1928.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 1:14 pm 
smallchange wrote:

1928 went to the trouble to buy a quantity of the stuff, repackage it into smaller bottles, print up silencer-appropriate labels, and offer it for sale.

He also went to the trouble to buy a sound meter and set up a website to test cans and post the results for all of us to review and discuss. Maybe selling a few of these bottles will offset a little of that expense.

Here we have a website that's dedicated to the critical (and I mean CRITICAL) discussion and analysis of silencers. Users and administrators hold no punches when it comes to tearing poorly performing silencers and silencer manufacturers a new ass. However, if I criticize someone for buying a gallon of ultrasound gel, squirting four ounces in a 10 cent plastic bottle, slapping on a label from his inkjet printer, and selling the latest and greatest snake oil silencer-silencing goo at a 2100% markup, then that makes me the asshole, right?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 1:36 pm 
Silent But Deadly

smallchange wrote:
ArevaloSOCOM wrote:

Thanks, thats basically it. I dont charge for my website (yet) so this can help with a few expenses. Helps with ammo costs, and so on. I am not getting rich here. If you want to buy some, fine, and if you dont, nobody is making you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 1:57 pm 
Silent But Deadly

Cortland wrote:
Here we have a website that's dedicated to the critical (and I mean CRITICAL) discussion and analysis of silencers. Users and administrators hold no punches when it comes to tearing poorly performing silencers and silencer manufacturers a new ass. However, if I criticize someone for buying a gallon of ultrasound gel, squirting four ounces in a 10 cent plastic bottle, slapping on a label from his inkjet printer, and selling the latest and greatest snake oil silencer-silencing goo at a 2100% markup, then that makes me the asshole, right?

I didn't call you or anyone else any names. I didn't even imply as much -- and if you took it that way I apologize. I didn't say you were wrong, becuase you're not.

To be fair, 1928 freely admits it's just Ultrasound Gel. Most of us don't have easy access to the stuff. We could buy a couple gallons of it from a medical supply house, but who needs that much? 1928 went to the trouble to buy some in quantity, repackage it, and offer it for sale to anyone interested.

If you're interested, buy some. If you're not, don't. If you want to criticize him for it, go right ahead. It's a public forum and you have every right to do so. I'm personally in favor of cutting the guy some slack becuase of his personal contribution to the (and I quote) "critical (and I mean CRITICAL) discussion and analysis of silencers."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 2:15 pm 
smallchange wrote:
If you want to criticize him for it, go right ahead. It's a public forum and you have every right to do so.

Wow that's big of you. Thanks.

I would have no problem giving 1928A1 a donation because he runs a great website, I would have no problem giving 1928A1 money to access the content of his website, but when he sells a readily available product at this kind of exorbitant mark-up it seems like he's just exploiting the ignorance of his customers. Squeeze bottles and colorful labels notwithstanding, there's no real service being provided here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 2:15 pm 
Silencertalk Goon Squad

1928a1 is a "industry member" and I don't blame him for wanting to make some cash.

But he gave MAJOR grief to other "industry members" when they tested silencers and such.

He must now wear the other man's shoes and walk in them a mile to understand what others went through.

It is a simple choice though, one Cortland pointed out already.

Ebay kiddies............

I have to agree with Cortland here.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 2:32 pm 
Silent But Deadly

Cortland wrote:

....when he sells a readily available product at this kind of exorbitant mark-up it seems like he's just exploiting the ignorance of his customers.

:shock:

Like already said, "snake oil"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 2:48 pm 
Elite Industry Professional

ArevaloSOCOM wrote:
1928a1 is a "industry member" and I don't blame him for wanting to make some cash.

But he gave MAJOR grief to other "industry members" when they tested silencers and such.

He must now wear the other man's shoes and walk in them a mile to understand what others went through.

Ebay kiddies............

I'm waiting for the right time to crucify him online, now that he is an "industry professional" :twisted: My sig on arfcom is because of him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 3:06 pm 
Silent Operator

Shame on you guys for putting his fine product down...

I just purchased several of his other items and Im very pleased!

The targets seem to be very high quality and are only $6 each (plus $5 USPS Priority Mail)

But if you buy them in a "book" of 80 or 120, he will send you an invoice and save $400 or $600 in shipping charges!

And I went with the thinner silencer additive... its a little more expensive ($17.99 plus $5 USPS Priority Mail)
, but the packaging is nicer

[/img]

Last edited by beans-n-icewater on Tue Jun 12, 2007 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 3:29 pm 
Elite Member

ArevaloSOCOM wrote:

:lol: :lol:

:arrow: But you don't agree with Cortland on anything, oh excuse me except buttcheeks. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 3:33 pm 
Silent But Deadly

The new guy wins. <claps> The SilencerFina was just great.

I love the free market and making money from playing middleman so in that aspect I applaud 1928. But the reality of it is that he should probably stick to advertising it in the forsale section if he wants to avoid the grief he will get from the regulars.

At least he didn't give us some fantasy story like CCF does. :twisted:

beans-n-icewater wrote:
Shame on you guys for putting his fine product down...

I just purchased several of his other items and Im very pleased!

The targets seem to be very high quality and are only $6 each (plus $5 USPS Priority Mail)

But if you buy them in a "book" of 80 or 120, he will send you an invoice and save $400 or $600 in shipping charges!

And I went with the thinner silencer additive... its a little more expensive ($17.99 plus $5 USPS Priority Mail)

[/img]

This space for rent.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 4:00 pm 
Silent But Deadly

beans-n-icewater wrote:

It's only fair that the SilencerFina is more expensive. After all, it DID offer better sound reduction for more rounds than the Ultrasound gel.

http://www.silencerresearch.com/wet_vs_dry.htm

:wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 4:52 pm 
Silent But Deadly

ArevaloSOCOM wrote:

Ebay kiddies............

I did give MAJOR greif to the other industry member when they tested silencers. That person was Robert and I stand by EVERY word I said back then. There were no others, only Robert. Get your facts straight.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 5:02 pm 
Silent But Deadly

On one more note, I am mostly doing this instead of taking donations for my work with testing silencers. At least this way you can actually get something for the donation. Again, I didn't lie, I told everyone what the product is. If you don't want to buy it, then dont. If you do, thanks for helping me keep my website up. Posting that I am in some way screwing people by selling this product is far from the truth. That's Ok, it takes all kinds.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 5:09 pm 
Silent But Deadly

Awe give him a break, can you really call him an Industry member? After all he's just testing the cans, not making & selling them and accepts no favors from any Industry members.

Free password from silencerresearch. com would graciously be accepted.:mrgreen:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 5:13 pm 
Silent But Deadly

Hush wrote:
Free password from silencerresearch. com would graciously be accepted.:mrgreen:

Try "password" it works more often then it should.

Hk USP Tactical 45 + Gemtech Blackside

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 5:30 pm 
Silent But Deadly

1928A1 wrote:
If you don't want to buy it, then dont. If you do, thanks for helping me keep my website up. Posting that I am in some way screwing people by selling this product is far from the truth...

If you know where you can get it cheaper, but want to buy it to support his site, then you're cool.

If you know where you can get it cheaper and you don't want to spend the extra money to support his site, you're still cool.

If you don't know where to get it cheaper or what it actually is, you're dumb.

If you complain about getting "taken", you're admitting to being dumb.

:P

--

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 7:19 pm 
Silent But Deadly

1928A1
Actually, Cortland has inadvertently done you a favor. "Snakeoil" is a MUCH more catchy name for this product that "Ultraquiet Silencing Gel." Maybe label it "Ssssnakeoil" on a black and grey label with a ssslithering sssidewinder on the front. Aesthetics count. 8)

Post subject: J lube
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 8:01 pm 
Silent But Deadly

Try this it works and is real cheap

J-Lube is a concentrated lubricant that comes in powder form. According to the bottle, it is manufactured for Jorgensen Laboratories in Loveland, Colorado and consists of 25% polyethylene polymer (polyethylene oxide) and 75% dispersing agent . When mixed with water, it produces a thick, clear, extremely slippery lubricant It is inexpensive (around $10 to make about seven gallons of lubricant), easy to mix (just add water!), and contains no peculiar chemicals or preservatives (unless you put them in when mixing it). And since it's water based